Saturday, August 16, 2014

As Ginger As You Please.

Sometimes, I feel like I could moan all day what with all the achin goin on.

See that girl there, the one with the stains on her dress? She just plain retarded; got something wrong in her head, poor girl trusts everybody. She ain’t my family, but I see how trustin she is and sometimes, I worry, “How’s that child gonna survive in this world?” I worry sometimes, more than I probably should.

Just the other day I saw this white man walkin down the street wearin only underpants. He was walkin down a busy street at Noon, as ginger as you please, wearin’ nothin’ but his underpants! And, it was one of the hottest days of the summer!

No socks or shoes; dazed look on his face, I thought, “He’s either high on drugs or there’s something wrong with him,” but no one seemed to care but me. I ain't ashamed to admit I cried about it on the bus ride home. Not about the boy, but that no one cared enough to do something about it ...

I ask myself sometimes what I would do if Life put me to the test and I was forced to care or not. Would I be able to face myself in the mirror the next day? Or, would I be just like everyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment