Sunday, July 20, 2014

Johnny and the Devil

Johnny was dancin with th edevil nice and slow, like lovers on their last dance.

I stood there and watched in amazement, all slack jaw and wide-eyed,

finally I called out, “You can’t do that Johnny Boy! That Devil is gonna BURN you son!”

But Johnny just smiled at me, like he knew better.

He was dancin on that fire boy, not burnin!

And I laughed and cried like a wild man let loose,

“You go now Johnny Boy! YOU GO NOW SON!

DANCE like you ain’t never gonna see the sun rise again!

DANCE NOW BOY!”

And they danced, and they danced, and then suddenly Johnny started to scream out in a sweat,

“I FEEL IT BOY! I FEEL THE HEAT! I FEEL IT!”

It was like waking from a dream. I got up off the floor, my eye’s were aflame, dried streaks of sweat and tears upon my cheeks and I screamed like I was a god,

“JOHNNY DON’T YOU LET THAT OL’ DEVIL TAKE YOU! DON’T YOU GO!”

But I was too late.

Johnny and the Devil were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment